Artificial Intelligence will be crucial in the future due to the ongoing technological revolution, and it is becoming increasingly intelligent. AI, the brain's underlying computer vision, speech analysis and natural language processing, has a wide range of implications for industry and society.
What’s the major about?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become increasingly significant in advances by providing intelligence solutions to real-world business and societal problems. AI is a cross interdisciplinary science, with developments in machine learning and profound learning producing a paradigm change to improve work efficiency in almost every sector of industries.
You will be developed with a solid foundation of theoretical and technical understanding and skills in data analytics, computer sciences, and mixtures of robotics required to developed sophisticated decision-making.
What will I be studying?
- Cutting-edge technologies, concepts, and theories alongside gaining professional experience in the development of intelligent systems.
- How to manage, explore, analyse, comprehend and visualise picture, text, or numerical data, and how to apply these abilities to problems in areas such as autonomous vehicles, financial decision making, health diagnosis and robots.
- Technical skills such as software development and machine learning which will enhance your creative skills to provide solutions.
- You will learn through diverse methods including lectures, tutorials, and practical sessions in labs.
- Usually, in your final year, you will be required to undertake a personal project which integrates much of the work you have learned during your study.
You will learn core modules such as:
- Machine Learning
- Agent-based Modelling
- Intelligent Support Systems
- Computer Systems, Ethics and Networks
- Computer Law & Cyber Security
- Mathematics for Computing
- Algorithm Design
Then, you can branch out your options into modules of your preference:
- Embedded Systems
- Secure Web Application Development
- Agile Methods
- System Integration
- Big Data