BritCham Indonesia Announces Joint Fully-Funded Scholarship with Altilium Group Ltd and Teesside University
The “BritCham Scholarship Award” is jointly funded by British Chamber of Commerce (BritCham) Indonesia together with Altilium Group Ltd and Teesside University. Each donor is contributing £7,000 to give a student fully-funded tuition fee, aimed at Indonesian nationals looking to pursue further education in the UK, in particular chemical engineering for a one-year postgraduate programme of MSc Chemical Engineering at Teesside University.
Application is now open!
To read the full details on how to apply to this scholarship, please click HERE
To apply for this BritCham Scholarship Award, you must (be):
1. an Indonesian national (WNI) currently residing in Indonesia,
2. have completed Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, process engineering or relevant engineering discipline equivalent from universities in Indonesia, *
3. have at least 2 (two) years of work experience in a related field,
4. have a cumulative GPA of minimum 3.2 (out of 4.0) proven by latest academic transcript,
5. have adequate English proficiency with minimum score of IELTS – 6.0 with no less than 5.5 for each band or TOEFL iBT – 80 (listening 17, reading 18, writing 17 and speaking 20),
6. never have violated the rules, norms, and/or laws applied in Indonesia and/or in any other countries,
7. self-declared that you have sufficient funds for travel, visa, accommodation, health surcharge, and/or miscellaneous expenses for the duration of the academic programme.
*) Graduates from BritCham Indonesia’s collaborating local universities will be preferred.
1. Certificate of Bachelor’s degree completion (both in English and Bahasa Indonesia)
2. Academic transcript (both in English and Bahasa Indonesia)
3. English proficiency certificate (IELTS/TOEFL-iBT)
4. Copy of Passport
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Motivational letter
7. Sign the BritCham Scholarship Award Declaration Letter
About BritCham Indonesia
The British Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia (BritCham) has represented business for 40 years and builds on a British business presence that extends more than a hundred years.
Over those years, we have had the pleasure of welcoming the most influential politicians, business leaders, world commentators, renowned experts in various fields and academicians as guests to over various forums. Last year, we hosted more than one hundred events that provided broad platforms for business development amongst our members.
Working in partnership with the British Embassy (DIT) and the British Council, whose senior representatives sit on our Board of Management, BritCham is committed to developing a services infrastructure that supports all stages of business development right from their inception in Indonesia.
Recently, the Chamber established a new unit; BritCham Education Centre. This unit is a wholly-owned business unit of BritCham Indonesia sitting within the BritCham Executive Office. Departing from the results of Business Confidence Index Survey that BritCham Indonesia has been doing for the past 8 years, it shows that talent acquisition, development and retention of top graduating talent is a major challenge to achieving commercial potential.
This unit offers a holistic approach not only to bring together Indonesian nationals looking to the UK for their education, including internship, work experience, and formal education providers but also blue-chip employers seeking the best returning talent.
About Altilium Group Ltd
Altilium Group Ltd is a British company established in the UK in 2019. Its operating business has a much longer heritage, dating back to 2008 when it initially acquired the rights to the ground-breaking DNi Process™. In the early stages of development, the company worked closely with Australia’s highly respected Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), testing the process at a pilot plant in Perth, Australia. That test work, which was completed in 2014, delivered highly successful and encouraging results. The recent development of the EV industry delivered a new opportunity for the DNi Process™. www.altiliumgroup.com
About Teesside University
Teesside University was first established as Constantine Technical College back in 1930 to support Middlesbrough’s booming engineering and shipping industries in 1930, the college became a polytechnic in 1969 and then one of 14 new universities approved by the Privy Council in 1992. Teesside University is one of the first institutions in the UK that set up the School of Computing. Teesside University is now home to DigiCity which has generated more than 200 new businesses and is contributing more than £170 million per annum to the Teesside economy. www.tees.ac.uk
- 1st GLOBALLY FOR OVERALL SATISFACTION (International Barometer Survey 2021)
- University of The Year for Social Inclusion (Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022)
- 68th IN THE UK (Guardian League Table 2021)
- FOR CHEMICAL ENGINEERING COURSES: TOP 10 FOR GRADUATE PROSPECTS & STUDENT SATISFACTION (The Complete Guide 2021)