As of Monday, 19 July 2021, England and Scotland have lifted Covid 19 restrictions. Businesses, public places and outdoor activities are starting to re-open, this also means that universities can return to in-person teaching. However some guidance still remains in place.
We've summed up key highlights and updates in preparation for your study to the UK
England has moved to Step 4*
- You should meet outdoors where possible and let fresh air into homes or other enclosed spaces.
- People working from home to return to workplace gradually.
- Face masks are recommended in crowded public spaces, such as public transport.
- Nightclubs open and return to full capacity for theatre and cinema audiences.
- Businesses and large events are encouraged to use Covid-certification to limit the spread of virus.
- Social distance is no longer mandatory.
*) Step 4 refers to the final stage where all restrictions are lifted
Despite all restrictions being lifted with the re-opening of many public places, you are still advised to take precautions such as:
- It is recommended to get tested when when you have symptoms and targeted asymptomatic testing in education, high risk workplaces.
- Isolating when positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
- Border quarantine for individuals arriving from red list countries and for those who are not fully vaccinated arriving from amber list countries.
- Large events are encouraged to use the NHS Covid Pass to check people are fully vaccinated.
Scotland has moved to Level 0*
- Indoor gathering - up to 10 people from four households are permitted in all indoor public settings with 1 metre physical distancing.
- Outdoor gathering - up to 15 people from 15 households are permitted outdoors without physical distancing.
- You are required to provide contact details and wear face masks at restaurants and pubs.
- You are still recommended to work from home, where possible.
- Hospitality venues to close at midnight.
- Up to 200 people can attend weddings and funerals.
- People fully-vaccinated in the UK (including under 18s travelling with them) no longer have to quarantine after visiting an amber-list country.
*) Scotland follows a COVID-19 levels system (0-4)